mercoledì 9 aprile 2008

fashion! fashion. fashion?

I am a Google master. I am really really good at searching for random subject matter, even when I'm not trying to. I just found this article:


I don't know about you, but this stuff seems more pathetic than strange. Is it really necessary to sink to that level just to get to Karl Lagerfeld? And this is coming from a soon to be fashion school grad and lover of fashion....but not like this. This is the kind of thing that makes me wanna go running for the hills, literally. People can think I'm too lazy and unmotivated to be a designer, and maybe they are right. But I like to think of it as...I'm too smart for that. 

I should be working on my final collection right now, and I am, even though I've had a mountain of problems and zero support from anyone at school (every good and useful suggestion given to me has been from my boyfriends' mother at the dinner table and not my professors). I admit it, I've lost hope, I lost that swing that you get only at the beginning of a project when you are really inspired and confident that your idea is great. Now I'm just trying to get through it and that's a little depressing. Especially since I waited my whole life for this. 

The other people in my class ARE like the people in that article. They are RUTHLESS. Not everyone, but there are a handful of people who will stop at nothing (even hurt people) to get where they want. And I understand that. But it's not me. 

So, this is what is me: 

1. I love fashion as an aesthetic part of life, something that makes life more fun and colorful, even if you only wear black. 

2. I have a very strong desire to teach people what is essentially good. I am optimistic about human nature and I think everything wrong in this world is due to ignorance and total lack of education, both institutional and social.

3. I hate walking into a shop and feeling a chill. I hate when the salesgirl follows me, whether to try and sell me whatever I look at or make sure I'm not planning to steal anything. When I have my own business (fingers crossed) I want everything to evoke comfort and warmth, from the business cards, to the decor and salespeople. 

4. I want love and babies, and love is way more important then moving to Paris to be a "notebook monkey". 

5. In the end, a dress is a dress, and if you think it's anything more, you have problems. 

Nessun commento: